FLOOR TENAX HP SPEEDY is a quick-hardening, plastic/fluid, pourable mortar that can be used for repairs on deteriorated floors. The formulation contains very high strength cements, micro-silicas with pozzolanic activity, aggregated in a rational granulometric curve (0.1÷1.8 mm), special additives and stranded structural polyolefin fibres with improved adhesion READYMESH PF 180. The special shape coefficient and the particular surface conformation of this fibre, give the applied product an exceptional reduction of the hygrometric shrinkage, the dissipation of the efforts in the case of heavy stresses and much higher fracture energy compared to traditional mortars. The product mixes with very low water/binder ratios (<0.32). The special formulation of FLOOR TENAX HP SPEEDY gives the restorations performed, mechanical strength, fracture energy, exceptional durability and very high chemical-physical resistance.
Products and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures - Structural and non-structural repair (R4)
Floor - Prodotti per pavimenti e massetti in calcestruzzo
Product of the Floor line, the line of products from Azichem Srl dedicated to the main, complementary products and accessories for the construction, restoration and/or renovation of concrete floors and screeds.
Min. recommended thickness: 8 mm
Max. recommended thickness: 20 mm
Temperature of use: +5 / +30 °C
Compressive strength after 12 hours
Flexural strength after 28 days
> 14.5 N/mm²
Breaking load longitudinal
> 50 N/mm²
Compressive strength after 06 hours
Compressive strength after 28 days
> 95 N/m³
> 2.5 N/mm²
Static elastic modulus
- Bag 25 kg
FLOOR TENAX HP SPEEDY has a workability time of approximately 40 minutes, after which the gripping process is triggered followed by rapid hardening. The hygrometric shrinkage is extremely limited, guaranteeing volumetric stability to restoration carried out. The performances that make FLOOR TENAX HP SPEEDY unique are:
• resistance to dynamic stress,
• fatigue resistance, fracture energy, toughness and resistance to post-breaking strain,
• very high mechanical compression strength (> 95 MPa at 28 days),
• very high mechanical tensile and bending strength (> 14.5 MPa at 28 days),
• excellent durability and resistance to chemical attacks.
Approximately 20 kg/m² of FLOOR TENAX HP SPEEDY for every centimetre of thickness to be implemented (approximately 2000 kg per cubic metre).
FLOOR TENAX HP SPEEDY is used in the repair of deteriorated floorings with limited thickness (typical applications in the range 8 - 20 mm), characterised by high performance in terms of deformation, resistance and anti-cracking resistance and in particular where there is a need for a rapid opening to traffic or rapid exercise after application. The main application fields are:
• rapid repair of industrial concrete floors with walkability allowed after only four hours from casting and drive over allowed after 12-18 hours from application;
• rapid repair of joints in industrial flooring;
• laying and fixing of manhole covers;
• repairs and repairs generally performed with casting within formwork.
Application surfaces must be clean, free of dust, contamination, crumbling, inconsistencies, etc., and adequately saturated-surface-dry with water.
• The support must be prepared by mechanical scarification or hydro-scarification for a depth of not less than 8 mm. The scarification of the support is an absolutely necessary operation to ensure sufficient grip of the coating applied. In the case of localized patches or repairs, cut the contours at right angles with an angle grinder.
• The support must not have traces of oils, greases, detergents.
• The support must be in good condition, clean, course, without crumbling parts or dust (suction of all dust and debris with an adequately equipped vacuum system). Wash the surface with pressurized water. Saturate the support with water before applying and eliminate any excess water on the surface.
• Application temperature: 5°C to 35°C.
• We strongly recommend the use of a vertical axis mixer with planetary or double horizontal helical movement, both for effective mixing of fibre-reinforced reinforcement and for optimal performance of site operations.
• MIXING: The entire contents of the bag is mixed with potable water in the measure of 11% referred to the total weight of the mortar (about 2.75 lt per 25 kg bag) creating a homogeneous mixture. Mixing time: approximately 4 minutes with high-efficiency mixer.
• In the case of large thicknesses (e.g.: manhole repairs) use compaction with a vibrating needle or tamp it down in a very intense way.
• Level the surface with a vibrating screed on the prepared templates.
• The surface must be protected after application by polyethylene sheets or anti-evaporation treatments. The latter should be sprayed on the freshly cast and restored surface (provide anti-evaporation treatments only if no other protective or aesthetic-protective applications are planned above: contact our technical service for advice on the most indicated surface protection methods and on the type of product that can be used as a curing compound).
In the case of thicknesses exceeding 20 mm, FLOOR TENAX HP SPEEDY must be laid out, supported and floated on a suitable sub-base only with appropriate measures to ensure the structural adhesion and anchoring to the support itself. The methods of anchorage suggested include: laying with a special epoxy resin for structural construction joints (SYNTECH RGS or SYNTECH PAVISHEER); or positioning a galvanized steel net with 5x5 cm mesh and 2 mm wire, which is spaced from the support plane of half the expected thickness of FLOOR TENAX HP SPEEDY and anchored to the same by "L"-shaped connectors fixed in holes resinated with SYNTECH PROFIX or fixed by nailing with "nail guns".
Provide a cover with wet TNT and waterproof sheet as soon as the surfaces are walkable.
- Finishing trowel
- Straight edge
It is always important to carry out preliminary tests to check the appropriateness of the product, depending on specific requirements. It is recommended to treat carefully the curing of the shotcrete for a few days, through continuous flushing of water or covering the same with a length of cloth made of polyethylene (winter period) or awning in non-woven fabric impregnated with water (spring/summer).